Hello again! This week I wrote a song about what I love and what I hate. It's a playful style with no traditional chorus or bridge, but I think it is pretty cute. Tell me what you think!
I like it when the bass is so loud I can feel it and I like it when someone kisses my boo-boo to heal it.
I like nighttime when I can see the stars shine and I like looking in the mirror and thinking, “Damn! I look fine!”
I like flowers and earthworms and making my friends smile. I like when a friend says I can only chat for a bit but then we talk for a long while.
I like when my cat sleeps on my lap and I like how my dog always takes naps. I like overcoming my fears and I like reminiscing ‘bout these 19 years.
I love my mom and my brother, my dad and my home. I love my friends like my sisters and I love my school cuz it’s my own.
I love snowflakes and cupcakes and staying up late. I love singing too loud in my car and I love daydreaming about one day becoming great.
I love people and things; I love ponies and rings. I love the sun on my face and the wind blowing through hair; I love laughter and sushi and knowing that people care.
But I’ve got no room in this medium-sized heart for the likes of you: someone who is arrogant and someone who makes noises when they chew.
I have no room for a guy who only wants what he cannot get, and when he finally could have it he runs… and fills me up with regret.
I have no space for a fake or a phony or a tool. Got no time for users abusers or fools.
I have no time for a guy who only wants to play games, but when it comes down to the wire thinks I am the one to blame.
I have no tolerance for somebody who thinks I am only second best, who loses interest so quickly, who only stares at my chest.
I have no patience for a guy who thinks he knows what I want and what I need, and then refuses to accept that he is wrong that I am not the average-girl breed.
I don’t have room for your lies, your tricks or your pick-up lines. I don’t have room for your secrets, your attitude or your pathetic love-story tries.
I have no room for your ego in this medium-sized heart of mine, only room for scented candles and coffee, for watching sports, reading books and soaking up the sunshine.
And that's what Marika Sings.
No comments:
Post a Comment